Friday, March 24, 2017

The Seventh Seal Has Broken


Back from the mayhem of the external world, with my extraordinary progress in the senior project unfolding in front of me, I am glad to announce that I remain unscathed.

This week, I successfully distributed my psychological study to both college and high school students. Huzzah! It was probably the first time I ever felt overly-enthusiastic about random people filling out a document. The survey itself had 47 questions and each question reflected the variables of either achievement motivation, achievement goals (the what and why behind the goals), or conformity. All of which I have extensively covered in previous blog posts if you are curious to learn more about them.    

In total, I obtained 100 surveys from BASIS Peoria high schoolers and 75 surveys from ASU students. Surprisingly, all the 9th through 11th graders that I surveyed were in the middle of their lunch period, yet I received higher survey completion and participation from them compared to the university students.

Now, I have to the honorary privilege of putting in many hours' worth of data entry and analysis to make sense of the numerical nonsense. Stay vigilant and motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment