Friday, February 24, 2017

Third Week of Voluntary Educational Servitude

 
   Hello once again! This week I had the opportunity to assist in ASU's Language and Literature fair which meant I could represent my national heritage. The event consisted of countless individuals arriving to visit the facility, primarily high school students touring the ASU campus. Interestingly, the students each had their own faux passport as part of a personal assignment that they had to complete for their field trip. I had tons of people asking me questions, eager faces, and restless ones trying to complete their scavenger hunt.  The ones trying to complete the scavenger hunt were most interesting because they were obviously motivated by external rewards - they just wanted the stamp in their passport. Though there was certainly a higher level of effort, it was more fun than being an office caddie - and I was able to get my name written in four different languages by people in the other language departments (namely Korean, Chinese, Japanese, and Arabic).

But don't be forlorn about my progress on the psychological study for my senior project, it will be soon underway!



    

No comments:

Post a Comment