Friday, February 10, 2017

First Week of My Internship. Fortis Ad Finem!



My internship for my senior project is at Arizona State University's Romanian cultural department, in the School of International Letters and Cultures. Being that my predominant motive for conducting this internship is to facilitate a psychological study, I am taking advantage of the ample opportunities for me to observe others.      

Besides withstanding rush hour traffic with the utmost discernment of people's intentions, there has also been time for more incisive analysis of the past week. I attended several of my on-site mentor's lectures and got a feel for my subjects. Concurrent to attending classes, I was introduced to a multitude of advisers in the Language and Literature building. From there, I obtained the honor of fulfilling many trivial but necessary administrative tasks for the department (notably scanning Arab manuscripts for hours on end). 

After an hour and fifteen minutes driving there, only to arrive with eight minutes left to park my car and run upstairs to the class; and forty-five minutes coming back each night, I realized that my university experience is probably going to be one that centers around time. I also realized that an on-campus housing situation is highly preferable.

Well Begun Is Half Done ~ Greek Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment