Saturday, April 22, 2017

TWO MORE WEEKS TO GO! (11)



Hello once again! I have been rather busy with my final project lately, however it is beginning to unfold quite nicely. It is 16 pages so far and I still have a third of it left to go. This, also, explains why I was occupied yesterday since I decided that today would the optimal day to reveal my astounding progress to all of you fine folks.

Here, take a look!



















This picture is from my method and measures section of my final paper. Essentially, I explained in full detail how I began with all the items of conformity - there were eight initially- and conducted a series of statistical tests to obtain the highest reliability and validity.

I started with an initial factor analysis to analyze the dimensionality of the eight items of conformity but then proceeded to conduct item analyses tests to gradually increase the internal consistency of the conformity scale. This meant I removed one item from the conformity scale each time I had the opportunity the increase the Cronbach's Alpha score and therefore my overall accuracy of measurements.

Eventually, once my strongest items of conformity remained, I ran a last factor analysis rotation and obtained two factors that accounted for the variance among the measures.

Afterwards, I continued in the paper by conducting item analysis tests on all the other variable scales (and there's lots of them) and then computed multivariate correlations between the factors of conformity and all the other variable composites.

There's still much more to mention but I promise I will upload a finalized version of my final paper on my blog once I am completely finished with my senior project.

Here is just one more image to give you a reference frame for the amount of writing that the paper will encapsulate.

This image encompasses my literature review that is used as a precursor to the study briefly explaining all the psychological research already done in the field of achievement motivation, achievement goal theory, and conformity.   

And if you have been paying attention to any of my blog posts, then you would have realized that I have scores of psychological studies that I have read and analyzed.   

Pretty mind-numbing if you ask me. Anyways, the entire experience is culminating in an exciting final project and the psychometrics used here is comparable to undergraduate and even graduate level statistical work. And after I finish the paper, I will have to create a 12-minute powerpoint presentation for my final exposition of my overall findings.  

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment